The SMALL PRINT
- The images can be shot in any format, using any camera model, on film or digital. If you are entering a series of images, please indicate the viewing order, if appropriate. Please label each image with surname_firstname01/02/03 as appropriate. Full contact details should also be inserted into the pull-down-file information box, for example at File>File Info in Photoshop.
- Captions or a short text can be included with the photographs. Please include this as a Word document with the CD or fill in the appropriate box in the upload area. Please make clear to which image each piece of text refers. The text can be a maximum of 200 words long per image.
- The final judging will take place shortly after the deadline. The winner must be available to supply image for exhibition printing. The successful entrant will be asked to discuss the prints with Spectrum Photographic, and their exhibition plans with the BJP. Digital files of all the winning images will be created for press and publicity purposes.
- The successful entries will be displayed for two working weeks at the Foto8 Gallery in November 2012. There will be an evening launch of the show.
- Photographers must be available to discuss their prints and frames with Spectrum Photography. Photographers may select prints and frames that fit with Spectrum's sponsorship budget, or go over budget and supplement the difference.
- Photographers may keep both the frames and prints after the exhibition, but must make arrangements for and meet the costs of collecting them.
- BJP, Foto8 and Spectrum Photographic cannot be responsible for any loss or damage to submitted work.
- BJP and Foto8 reserve the right to display, reproduce and publish in any media, any entry, without payment, for the sole purpose of the BJP International Photography Award and exhibition – this year and in future – and its promotion and publicity. No copyright is transferred to the BJP or Foto8 in respect of any works entered or accepted. Each entrant will be deemed to warrant they own the entire copyright for the work or that they have permission from the licensee and/or copyright owner/s for the uses and that all necessary model releases and clearances have been obtained.
- All relevant clearances must have been obtained for the use of the photographs for publication and exhibition.
- The organisers are not responsible for any loss or damage to images, whether or not caused by their negligence. BJP advises entrants to ensure they have copies, or that their insurance covers any eventualities.
- Entries from photographers living outside the UK are very welcome, however the winner must meet their own costs for travel and accommodation if they wish to oversee the printing, hanging and opening of the exhibition. E&O – errors and omissions.